The European Commission frees € 2 million for the creation of a European Advanced Manufacturing Support Centre. Agoria, the Belgian technology federation, together with 16 partners in 9 European countries will take charge of this project assisting European manufacturing SMEs in their uptake of advanced manufacturing technologies and systems as well as offering them a benchmarking framework for Factories of the Future at European level.
During the next three years, following activities will be carried out by the project partners :
- Development and testing of a coherent European methodology to help transform (SME) manufacturing companies into Factories of the Future.
- Promoting this methodology through communications and intensive training courses to a wide variety of European innovation partners.
- Setting up learning networks of Factory of the Future champions.
- Establishing and promoting a European Advanced Manufacturing Support Centre.
- Organising a European Factory of the Future Award event.