“Monitoring Digital Transformation: The role of Artificial Intelligence in the Industrial Modernisation”
25/01/2021 – h. 14.30
Artificial intelligence has rapidly gained in importance and diffusion and is now beyond the nascent phase. This workshop will review in detail the demand and supply dynamics related to the AI pointing to the opportunities, most promising use cases and future potential arising from Artificial Intelligence.
Artificial Intelligen’s potential in terms of future growth and socio-economic impacts is impressive. As a general-purpose technology, it is expected to be adopted in a variety of ways by all industries and by a multitude of actors. Indeed, the COVID-19 pandemic has underlined the centrality of AI (for example in contact tracing) in countering the disease. Nonetheless, the deployment of AI use cases is hindered by multiple challenges and implementation barriers. To reap concrete business opportunities, enterprises must be aware of these challenges and of the countermeasures that industry and policy makers are trying to implement in Europe.
After an introduction on ATI project and an overview of the main trends in AI, the workshop will explore policies, initiatives and services that are being developed to foster AI adoption and will discuss on the impact those initiatives have on end users, especially SMEs.
14.30 – Welcome and introduction to the ATI project
Marta Batalla Masana, Policy Officer at DG GROW, European Commission
14.45 – Setting the scene
- Giorgio Micheletti, Consulting Director, IDC – ATI project: AI adoption and industry trends
- Lars de Nul, Policy Officer at Digital Technologies & Artificial Intelligence, DG RTD
- Evangelia Markidou, Head of Sector, Artificial Intelligence Technology, Development and Impact, DG CNECT
- Artificial Intelligence, Policy Development and Coordination, DG CNECT (speaker TDC)
15.10 – Roundtable discussion
- Prof. Stelian Brad, President of Cluj IT, Romanian member of DIGITAL SME Alliance
- Regione Lombardia / AFIL (speaker TBC)
- Representative from SME (speaker TBC)
16.10 – Brainstorming discussion with Mural
16.45 – Closing